The Trials of Apollo: An Overview


I am currently in the middle of the Trials of Apollo series by Rick Riordan. There are 5 books in the series: The Hidden Oracle, The Dark Prophecy, The Burning maze, The Tyrant’s Tomb,  and the latest mand final novel, The Tower of Nero. The series features a lot of Greek mythology and a few characters from Rick Riordan’s other series like Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus.

The Trials of Apollo

The Hidden Oracle


First off is
The Hidden oracle, which was released on May 3, 2016. The story starts off with Apollo, one of the 12 Olympians, angering Zeus, his father. Because of this, he is cast from Olympus to live on earth as a mortal until his father is pleased with him again. On Earth, Apollo becomes a sixteen-year-old boy named Lester Papadopulos. He meets a ten-year-old girl named Meg McCaffrey, who is a demigod. Together, they go to Camp Half-Blood, a camp for demigods in New York, where they discover that Apollo has to complete 5 trials to regain control of the 5 ancient oracles to go back to Olympus. In this book, Apollo and Meg’s main task is to find the first oracle out of the five, the Oracle of Dodona, which is at the camp, with the help of Percy Jackson. Along the way, they encounter many monsters and a “beast”, who turns out to be Nero, Meg’s stepfather, the first of 3 triumvirate emperors, and the main villain of the series. He owns called Triumvirate Holdings, a company that has funded the villains in the 2
series, which is trying to control the oracles as well. 

The Dark Prophecy

Next is The Dark Prophecy, which was released on May 2, 2017. A continuation of the previous novel, Apollo/Lester and Meg are on a journey across North America to complete Apollo/Lester’s second trial, which is to find the Oracle of Trophonius, which is located in In Indiana, as well as find the last 3 oracles, with the help of Leo and Calypso (from the Heroes of Olympus) and their dragon, Festus. On their journey, they encounter the second Triumvirate Emperor, Commodus., and Meg receives a dark prophecy, which is to be fulfilled in the next book.


The Burning Maze


Next is
The Burning Maze, which was released on May 18, 2018. In this book, the story continues from where it left off in the previous one. Apollo/Lester and Meg are off to collect the third oracle, The oracle of Herophile. With the help of Piper and Jason (from the Heroes of Olympus), they encounter and fight Caligula, the third and most notorious triumvirate emperor, which results in a tragic loss.



The Tyrant’s Tomb

Next is The Tyrant’s tomb, which was released on September 24, 2019. The story continues where it left off, and now Apollo/Lester and Meg are going to collect the 4th oracle, the Oracle of Cumæ. With the help of Frank and Hazel ( from the Heroes of Olympus), they go to Camp Jupiter in San Francisco, California to bury the fallen member of their group ( which will be revealed in the third book) as well a defend it from Caligula and Commodus.



Tower of Nero

The last and final book of the series is The Tower of Nero, which was released on October 6, 2020. The last leg of the story continues and now Apollo/Lester and Meg are going to collect the final oracle, The oracle of Delphi, and defeat Nero once and for all.







    As of now, I am currently in the middle of The Tyrant’s Tomb. So far, I have enjoyed reading this series and I hope that people who want to read it and have already read it enjoy reading it as much as I do.


Comments

  1. I found it really interesting to see how the plot progressed over the course of the series. They descriptions you gave were really good. I really enjoyed reading the Percy Jackson series, and I think this sounds like a pretty interesting series to read. Overall, great job with the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first two books I believe back when I was in 7th grade. I enjoyed the books very well but never ended up reading the last couple books as most of them were not out yet. This post did sparked my interest back in the series and now I might have to reread and finish off the series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment