I decided to read some manga for the first time in a while, so my sister recommended Horimiya, by HERO (Hiroki Adachi) and Daisuke Hagiwara. I had heard from a few friends that it was a great series, so I was interested in seeing what it was about. As of now, there are 14 volumes in the series that have been translated into English. However, there are many chapters from the last 2 volumes, 15 and 16, on various manga sites. Also, although I am yet to start watching it, the animated version is currently available for streaming on Funimation.
Horimiya is about two high school seniors named Kyouko Hori and Izumi Miyamura, who both keep a secret that they never want to let out. The two of them do not know each other, but they meet through an accident with Hori’s younger brother. As the story progresses, they grow closer and eventually start dating. The other books in the series go on to show more of their relationship, along with the relationships of the side characters.
Hori is one of the more popular students in her class. She is also studious and diligent with her work. At the end of her school days, she often comes home to babysit her younger brother and take care of chores at home, instead of heading out with friends like most kids her age do. Miyamura is generally very quiet and somewhat gloomy in class but is very bold with his fashion choices outside of school. His family owns a bakery and he works there after school. As the story progresses, Miyamura starts to open up and makes more friends.
Overall, I loved reading this series. I really enjoyed reading about Hori and Miyamura’s relationship and how it progresses. It was also interesting to read about the different side characters as well, and how they had an impact on their relationship. I would rate the series a 5/5 because I had a lot of fun reading it and I would definitely reread it again.

I've been looking to watch this but I couldn't find where it was. I didn't know the manga had so many volumes, so I'll probably read it instead lol. This was a really short and sweet review of it and my interest is definitely piqued.
ReplyDelete